Friday, July 15, 2011

bi-coastal news

I sort of owe you guys an explanation about the last post! So I'll start from the beginning...

I've been on the hunt for my own (and first!) apartment in Brooklyn. It's taking way longer than I'd like, and because I really want to be in a specific area (near the L subway line so I can get to work, etc) I also decided to temporarily live with Matt in his apartment so that it's easier to search. I've had to change my mindset a lot these past few months. First, I thought I'd want to live alone. Then I thought about living with friends, which didn't work out, multiple times...

THEN... I decided to look on Craigslist for a room share. I found the PERFECT place with a cute room, my own bathroom, and a beautiful backyard and deck. I really loved it. The girl said she stopped interviewing other people and said she'd get back to me this week. Unfortunately, she somehow decided to go with someone else!?! It's my own fault for getting my hopes up, but it seemed really promising... aaaaand back to square one.

Now I'm leaving for my extremely postponed vacation to San Francisco early tomorrow morning. If you are a dedicated blog reader, you might remember this post where I was waiting eagerly in December for my flight, got to the airport, and missed it due to the stupid weather.  Luckily I was able to rebook my flight, however I was hoping the whole apartment thing would be settled by then!

So right now I'm trying my best to stay excited for San Fran and hopeful that I'll be able to have a place before August 1st. The worst case is that I continue to live with Matt until I do find the perfect apartment, which isn't so bad  ;)

Anyways, wish me luck! Also, if you have any recommendations for San Francisco, I'm all ears!!!


1, 2


Be back next week!

-gabrielle

No comments: