Friday, April 5, 2013

typographie: the process


A while ago, I helped out my friend Elizabeth with designing a blog header and Etsy store banner. She wanted an image of a vintage typewriter, lots of florals and hand lettering.

I did most of the drawing by hand, with good old fashioned pencil and paper. That's what I feel most comfortable using. I ended up drawing it quite large! Then I scanned the images and photoshopped the pieces together (photoshop is a verb, right?)

Since the banners were wide I had to edit the size of the typewriter, and I also enlarged the flowers so they spanned the whole width. Then I using my handy dandy wacom tablet to color it all in... et voilĂ ! Elizabeth has a new banner that suits her flowery vintage style.

This was super fun to work on with Elizabeth, and I'm looking forward to working with her sister, next!

xoxo, gabrielle

2 comments:

ALLIE NYC said...

They came out lovely haha photoshop a verb hmnnn

Ali of

www.dressingken.com

Unknown said...

Lovely style.