Tuesday, April 27, 2010

charlotte gainsbourg





Sunday night I semi-spontaneously saw Charlotte Gainsbourg at Webster Hall. I started listening to her new album IRM about a month ago, and I haven't stopped listening since! I lovvvve the way she sort of talks while she sings, and I think it goes really well with the hint of eerie music that plays in the background.

At first I was waiting for Katrina to show up so I was eavesdropping on a ton of conversations en francais, parce qu'il y avait beaucoup de gens francais who came out to see her (and that made the show 100000x better, just because...) Her encore was fabulous and she did a sort of electronic version of Voyage which is one of my favorite songs from the album, and her last song was one I never heard but it was called Couleur Cafe and it was a great song to end on (downloading that... now.)

Afterwords Katrina and I went to the Village Pour House and I got an Ommegang Three Philosophers! It was a great night, and now I know that I can go to concerts on a week night and still be fully functioning at work the next day (with only one cup of coffee!)



Here are some pictures from Brooklyn Vegan:







-g.

No comments: