Wednesday, August 11, 2010

mike curato

I forgot that Gabrielle was on vacation this week... so "my bad!" for not updating all things inspiring for a few days. I'm just getting used to this, but already it's a lot of fun for me. Taking a break from working on my Master's thesis to look for some awesome art for you all out there is a nice stress reliever for me.

While G is away, I figured that now would be as good of a time as any to put in a shameless plug for my older brother, m!ke curato. So why not? He was the first artist I ever knew... he has been creating since before I was born.

"m!ke was raised in a small town outside the big city of New York. He enjoys movies, magical creatures, penguins, puppies, being clever, the great outdoors, movies, city livin', and treats. Pet peeves include popcorn shells lodged between teeth and people who walk in the middle of the sidewalk. You can find him gallivanting around Seattle on his way to rent a movie or buy a burrito (or both, if it's a good night). He draws inspiration from artists such as Mark Ryden, Edward Hopper, Vermeer, da Vinci, di Chirico, Holbein, Seonna Hong and Chris Van Allsburgh."

Below are some of my favorites of his pieces that are in his portfolio.




Stay awesome.

katrina

No comments: