Tuesday, May 10, 2011

weekend trip: coney island



Hey hey! As promised, here's my post about my weekend adventure!

Matthew and I decided it would be fun to take a little trip to Coney Island one day since he's never been there. We hopped on the subway Saturday morning and spent a good part of the day walking around, taking pictures and people watching.




It was a perfect day to go because it wasn't too hot or crowded. It was Matt's first time going, but I've been to Coney Island a few times... such as for the Siren Festival that happens every summer. Usually there are much weirder people and sometimes it freaks me out a little, but being there with Matt was perfect.

The craziest part was riding the Wonder Wheel! We chose the "sissy" route and sat on the stationary cart... which was scary enough! It was too bad that the carts are basically cages, so the pictures of the pretty views didn't turn out very well.





I had so much fun; I'm proud to say that I've already went to the beach so far this spring/summer!

I definitely want to take more local/road trips this summer! Do you recommend any interesting places to travel?

-gabrielle.

No comments: