Monday, July 5, 2010

tunes 4 you

Hey all!

I hope everyone had a great fourth of July! What did everyone do? I ended up spending the day at the pool, swimming, bbq-ing, drinking beer & margaritas, watching fireworks, and making s'mores afterwards... it was such a nice relaxing day!

I have decided to start making mixtapes for you guys to enjoy. I figured it would be nice to share the music that I sometimes can't help talking about. So about every month I will be posting a new mixtape with 10 songs on it. I'll try to keep it interesting :)

So here is the first one!



1. Real Estate- Beach Comber
2. Toro Y Moi- Blessa
3. Beach Fossils- Sometimes
4. Twin Sister- The Other Side of Your Face
5. Janelle Monae- Tightrope
6. Thao- Cool Yourself
7. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros- Home
8. Dum Dum Girls- I Will Be
9. Tennis- Marathon
10. Best Coast- Our Deal

All you have to do is click the image and download the files. Then play on repeat until my next mixtape :)

I would also love to hear feedback from you! Tell me if you like the songs, song requests for next mixtapes, bands you think I might like... really, anything!

-g.

ps- Fun Fact: The picture I used for the mixtape image was taken one day when it was reallllly humid outside, and my camera lens fogged up... It's a pretty neat effect sans Photoshop.

No comments: