Tuesday, August 3, 2010

wilhelm staehle

Well, well, well now what do we have here? (Or rather who do we have here would be more appropriate...) Yes. For those of you who regularly frequent this blog, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Katrina and I am one of Gabrielle's biffles. She has invited me to contribute to "all things inspring" and I am honored to be a part of it! In consideration of the fact that I'm just a psychology graduate student with an appreciation for art and design (though lack of talent in these areas) and have a tendency to be a little nuts, I can't help but question her state of sanity. Nevertheless, I pledge to bring you art and entertainment. Onward, my friends!

Today I would like to present to you Silhouette Masterpiece Theatre, a series of pieces by Wilhelm Staehle. I love his bio, so I'm just going to give you a jot to read it:"Wilhelm Staehle is a horribly disfigured gentleman who often frightens small children when he emerges from the seclusion of his sprawling estate on the eastern coast of the Americas. In his free time, between sporting for wild game and dressing his disturbingly broad collection of taxidermy, he finds time to hand-cut peculiar silhouettes. He begs you to enjoy them, or at least to refrain from informing him if you do not. He thanks you for your time."

Silhouette Masterpiece Theatre



- katrina