Wednesday, January 5, 2011

{redesign} starbucks

As the trend towards simplifying brands and logos continues in 2011, it is no surprise that the popular coffee shop Starbucks has begun to launch their redesigned logo for the new year.

Of course, the new logo features a simpler version of the popular and signature Siren... however the words "Starbucks" and "coffee" are no where to be found.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about the new logo... I don't necessarily agree that less is more, and I'm not thrilled on the shade of green. To me, it feels empty, plain, and not very inviting. I may or may not like the original 1971 logo better than all of them!

I am positive we will be hearing a lot about the controversy of the new logo...

Tell me what you think! I'd love to hear your opinion.






-gabrielle.